Odds That Never End

A chronicle of the many busy things my hands (and maybe other bits as well) are up to.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

She Looks So Grown Up!

My baby, sniff sniff, got glasses last week. We picked them up the day before Thanksgiving so today is the first day we've put them to official use (she's been reading with them since we picked them up, but today is the first time we've had an opportunity to get back to our HS lessons since the holiday). The doctor said she is very likely to outgrow the need for her glasses when she's a teen. Her vision is only slightly off, but it was enough to give her headaches when she did a lot of reading and esp when we were on about hour 2 of homeschool lessons. So, we've been light on the lessons for a couple weeks awaiting their arrival. Without further ado, here is my little scholar:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We also went to the dentist yesterday. It was Hadyn's first visit. I know, I know. Bad Mum. But, I had such terrible time as a child at the dentist I just LOATH the place. But I got a recommendation for a really nice guy and we both went. He was even very understanding about our no fluoride and no x-ray requests. Plus, when I told him we needed a gluten free alternative to the regular tooth polish they usually use, he totally researched the subject and came up with a safe alternative! Waaa Hoooo!

The outcome? Good news! Hadyn came back 100% clear! She has perfectly healthy teeth (if a bit crooked at the moment). I also came back 100% clear. I think that's a first in my life. I haven't been to a dentist since before she was born, so I was expecting death and doom. I really, really, really think that going on the gluten free diet about 6 years ago has made a huge difference is my body in SO many ways. My teeth have even stopped deteriorating! How cool is that? This is about the first time ever I didn't have a cavity.

OK, gotta run. Hadyn needs help with her math.

~Mars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home