Odds That Never End

A chronicle of the many busy things my hands (and maybe other bits as well) are up to.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Just For You Cheryl....

My friend Cheryl has informed me that she's getting a bit impatient waiting for my next blog entry. Apparently it's part of her nightly reading. So, this one's for you baby! smooches!

I took a bunch of pictures from Lake Anna, but alas, I have not downloaded them yet. I HATE photo editing. It's the bane of my blogging existence. LOL Soooo, sorry Cheryl, you'll have to wait until later to see those pictures.

But, I do have a couple knitting projects I've finished. Maybe not as exciting, but at least it's something.

This is my modified Anthropologie Inspired Capelet completed. It's still a bit big, so I've felted it. It's better, but still gapes in the back. I may try sewing some darts in the back.

This is the sweater before felting. It's very warm, though still rather scratchy. I don't notice if I wear it over a shirt, so it's a keeper.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And, sound the trumpets please, here is my dh's pair of Thuja socks! They are my first socks ever! In my next life, I will:
a. Marry a man with smaller feet so knitting socks isn't so excruciating.
b. Wise up and knit a pair for CHILDREN or maybe BABIES for my first socks. Geez. What was I thinking??????
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dh loves them and thankfully they fit! He says they feel Sproingy when he walks.


And finally, my most shining moment. Announcing, my single Mutant Midget Troll Sock! Yes, that's right, should I spontaneously grow a very short, exceedingly fat foot and ankle, I'm totally prepared! UGH. Talk about a total failure in knitting. But, I figured it out and I'm trying again. I've frogged this marvel of troll-dome and I'm forging on. With any farther ado:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, yes, I hear you laughing at me. That's all right, just don't come to me when you wake up one morning and find YOU'VE got a Mutant Midget Troll Foot and need someone to knit you a sock!

~Mars

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A message from your number one fan!!

I've got tears of laughter streaming down my face!! I, honestly, haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks. You made my day. Thanks for blogging just for me!! I'm feeling the love. You're so much fun. I love you my friend. Still keeping my fingers crossed that you can come out my way. Big smooches to you.

~Cheryl

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home