Like Mother, Like Daughter
I'm so proud of my girlie. She finished knitting her winter woolie hat today. It turned out perfect! It even matches her coat and gloves. She did it all herself. In the process she learned how to decrease and knit on dpn.


Action shot

Isn't it grand????
I also finished a project today. It's Aibhlinn from knitty.com. I used some thick/thin single ply yarn in my stash. I didn't make it as long as the pattern states as I only had 2 skeins. But, I think I like it better smaller. The yarn doesn't really drape much, so I think it looks better worn either has a capelet:

Or as a pinned cowl:

I've been wearing it all day and it's been keeping me warm in this accursedly cold house!
~Mars


Action shot

Isn't it grand????
I also finished a project today. It's Aibhlinn from knitty.com. I used some thick/thin single ply yarn in my stash. I didn't make it as long as the pattern states as I only had 2 skeins. But, I think I like it better smaller. The yarn doesn't really drape much, so I think it looks better worn either has a capelet:

Or as a pinned cowl:

I've been wearing it all day and it's been keeping me warm in this accursedly cold house!
~Mars

3 Comments:
Your daughter's hat is just fabulous! That cowl is great too. I may have to get that pattern from knitty. I have a yarn in my stash that is very similar to that (not as pretty-that green is stunning!!) I love it as a cowl with the pin, it looks great!
Wow Hayden!! That is one well knit touque!! I love the colors -- it's beautiful! I'm to proud of you!!
I would love to be a student in one of your classes. Learning, laughter and fun are a perfect mix!! Man, when we're together all we do is laugh!! I love it!! I miss you!! Sending you love and hugs!!
Beautiful...to both of you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home