Odds That Never End

A chronicle of the many busy things my hands (and maybe other bits as well) are up to.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Enough Pictures To Make Your Eyes Fall Out

Well, I finally edited the Lake Anna pictures. It only took me a few weeks. Not bad, right? EEK So grab a cup of tea (Darjeeling of course) and join me in some fun times.

Hadyn and I in front of our cabin getting ready to leave for a swim at the lake (Scott stayed at the cabin for a well deserved rest break).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Romping at the beach. It was Kibeth's first time in water. She loved it, though each time she got water up her nose, she'd run to the shore and roll herself in the sand. Needless to say she was QUITE a mess by the time we left.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The first evening we went down to the beach we all agreed we'd only go in knee deep. Um yeah, that lasted about 5 seconds and Hadyn was soaked from head to toe. She had to strip down to get back in the car.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Out of the car at the cabin..........
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OOPPSS! And a bolt off to get inside. LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A smelly, dirty, pooped out but very happy dog while Scott made dinner.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Reading together.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We also went out for a few of the days. Fredericksburg was about 20-25 min away. Hadyn went ice skating for the first time. The verdict: it was cold, the wall was her friend, and she likes in-line skates MUCH better!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then we did a bit of Putt-Putt.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Check out her putting technique. Watch out, she could be the next Tiger Woods! ROFL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And yes, that's me trying to get my ball out of the mini-pond. As you can guess, I wasn't the all round winner on this course. I blame it on the wind. A great gust of wind kicked up just as my ball passed the water. Yep, I'm sticking to that story.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The dog was pretty nasty by the end of our trip, so on the way home, we stopped by the Do It Yourself Dog Wash. Yep, I said the Do It Yourself Dog Wash. Bet you didn't know they existed. Neither did I until now. Hadyn and I scrubbed the dog while Scott went to a gas station and vacuumed out the car. Hmmmm, I think he got the better deal!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had a fab time! And had an opportunity to check out the Fredericksburg area as this may be where we will be living in a few years. Very rural outside the town but hardly any organic markets and no one had even heard of a CSA. Over all, we can make it work. It will just be a bit tricky in the food department. We try really hard to eat as much local organic produce as possible. I'm thinking that's not going to happen in Fredericksburg. Maybe things will change in the next few years. I can hope.

~Mars

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your holdiay looked wonderful!! Relaxing and fun!! Love the pics! I'd love to take our family away to a cabin somewhere. To me that sounds like the perfect holiday!!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home