Yummy, Scrummy Tofu!
Well, Sea from "Book of Yum" does it again! She gave us a fabulous dinner. If you remember a while back I made her Okonomiyaki and we had a feast fit for a king. Tonight, I made her Barbecue Tofu Recipe. The only change I made was I baked the tofu on a baking stone (w/o any cooking spray) which I think made the coating really stick well to the tofu. I had no problems with it peeling off. I served it with my homemade mini corn bread loaves. The whole time dh and I were eating it, I kept hearing him mumble, "Oh yeah, THIS is GOOD!" LOL You get two thumbs up from us Sea. I even took a picture just before I served:

Oishii Katta Desu!
Mini Corn Bread Loaves
1 c Yellow Corn Meal
1 c Brown Rice Flour*
1 tea Salt
2 tea Xanthan Gum
2 tbl Baking Powder
1/3 c Coconut Oil
2 Eggs
1 c Yogurt (I use goat because my dd can't have cow dairy, but cow yogurt works too)
2 tea apple cider vinegar
1 c milk substitute (I use Eden Blend Rice Soy)
1/4 c Honey
*I usually break the 1 cup of Rice Flour up to include other flours. I think it gives it a better rounded flavor. Which flours I use depends on what I have on hand and my mood. One example: 1/2 c brown rice flour, 1/4 c coconut flour, 1/4 c chickpea flour. I like baking with coconut flour, so I sneak it into many recipes.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a med size bowl, mix the vinegar with the yogurt to sour and let set a few minutes.
-In a large size bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
-Add to the med bowl the rest of the wet ingredients
-Stir liquid into dry until just blended.
-Pour into greased pan (or if you use a baking stone like I did, skip this step)
-Bake at 350 degrees for 35 min. If making this in one large pan, bake for 40-45 min.
This is a picture I took this past summer of our cat waiting for the corn bread to bake. You can see my stone mini loaf pan.

This past weekend I also started a new scarf for Scott. I bought him a new wool winter coat and the scarf I knitted for him a couple years ago no longer matches. Bummer. I picked up some scrummy Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool in black at 40% off at my LYS. After much searching, we chose the Forbes scarf pattern from Scarf Style. Oh man, this is one time consuming scarf! I worked on it a fair bit on Sun. Hadyn and I have had some sort of stomach flu and we both took it easy. So, I spent a lot of time knitting with her. After a full day of on and off knitting, I only accomplished 3.5"! Yikes. You can't tell from this picture, but it has lots of different cables. It's a really lovely pattern, but I'm worried I may not finish it for this winter.

~Mars

Oishii Katta Desu!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mini Corn Bread Loaves
1 c Yellow Corn Meal
1 c Brown Rice Flour*
1 tea Salt
2 tea Xanthan Gum
2 tbl Baking Powder
1/3 c Coconut Oil
2 Eggs
1 c Yogurt (I use goat because my dd can't have cow dairy, but cow yogurt works too)
2 tea apple cider vinegar
1 c milk substitute (I use Eden Blend Rice Soy)
1/4 c Honey
*I usually break the 1 cup of Rice Flour up to include other flours. I think it gives it a better rounded flavor. Which flours I use depends on what I have on hand and my mood. One example: 1/2 c brown rice flour, 1/4 c coconut flour, 1/4 c chickpea flour. I like baking with coconut flour, so I sneak it into many recipes.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a med size bowl, mix the vinegar with the yogurt to sour and let set a few minutes.
-In a large size bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
-Add to the med bowl the rest of the wet ingredients
-Stir liquid into dry until just blended.
-Pour into greased pan (or if you use a baking stone like I did, skip this step)
-Bake at 350 degrees for 35 min. If making this in one large pan, bake for 40-45 min.
This is a picture I took this past summer of our cat waiting for the corn bread to bake. You can see my stone mini loaf pan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This past weekend I also started a new scarf for Scott. I bought him a new wool winter coat and the scarf I knitted for him a couple years ago no longer matches. Bummer. I picked up some scrummy Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool in black at 40% off at my LYS. After much searching, we chose the Forbes scarf pattern from Scarf Style. Oh man, this is one time consuming scarf! I worked on it a fair bit on Sun. Hadyn and I have had some sort of stomach flu and we both took it easy. So, I spent a lot of time knitting with her. After a full day of on and off knitting, I only accomplished 3.5"! Yikes. You can't tell from this picture, but it has lots of different cables. It's a really lovely pattern, but I'm worried I may not finish it for this winter.

~Mars

1 Comments:
Ooh, looks yummy! Love the kitty looking in the oven. Mine aren't observant enough- too busy sleeping on the couch. :)
I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. Now I want to make it again! We had yummy tofu last night, actually, but of an entirely different style..
-sea
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home