Odds That Never End

A chronicle of the many busy things my hands (and maybe other bits as well) are up to.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

She Made a Pet Rock Owl Today

Today in homeschool coop, Hadyn made a pet rock owl. She says it's a 1 year old baby owl and her name is Stella. She's been pretending to be Ginny Weasley all day. The whole time I was cooking dinner, she was at the table in "potions class" and I was Prof. Snape.
Photobucket

Speaking of dinner, we had a bit of a schedule change. Hadyn and I skipped karate tonight while Scott went. So, our normal scramble for dinner at 10 pm didn't happen. Hadyn voted Sweet Potato Quesadillas. So, that's what we had.

Thursday's Photos:

Here is the filling. YUM! Lots of grated sweet potatoes, onions, cumin, chili powder, oregano and more!
Photobucket

Here is Hadyn's first serving. She had twice this much before she announced: "Ahhhh, I have a yummy tummy and I'm finished!"
Photobucket

And how does the cook eat hers? Why, this way:
Photobucket

Excuse the 80 layers of clothing, it's snowing and it's stinkin' cold in my house!

~Mars

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those look scrumptios. I absolutely love that mug with the snowy trees.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Nirinjan said...

MMMM! I used to make sweet potato burritos and I haven't in a while. I should do it again soon. I love her pet rock too.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Ahh...sweet potato quesadillas. Quite possibly the only recipe I've made from out of one of the Moosewood cookbooks I bought and still the entire purchase was worth it. Your trick of adding the smoked gouda was what sucked my own family into eating them with me.

Who are these owl people? HP? I feel so uninformed.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home