Menu Challenge for Feb 18 - 24
OK! MC Menu Challenge Members. Here is my plan. Sorry it's a day late, but Mondays are insanely busy around here.
Monday:
B: Oatcakes with Organic Strained Greek Yogurt and Stewed Cherries
L: Sandwiches, fruit, etc (Lunch on the run)
D: Sausage Stuffed Portobellos
Tuesday:
B: Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Marinated Baby Bok Choy Salad, yogurt, fruit
D: Baked Yams with Yummy Toppings
Wednesday:
B: Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Veggies in Collard Green Wrap (M)
L: Marinated Baby Bok Choy Salad, yogurt, fruit
D: Tofu Chili
Thursday:
B: Grits (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Sandwiches, fruit, Yogurt (Lunch on the run)
D: Mega Salad with Roasted Chichers
Friday:
B:Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Sandwiches, fruit, chopped veggies (Lunch on the run)
D: Red Lentil Soup with fresh baked muffins
Saturday:
B:Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Sandwiches, fruit, etc (Lunch on the run)
D: Basil and Tomato Baked Salmon with Rice
Sunday:
B:Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: ?
D: ?
I made a HUGE mucking batch of Oatcakes for breakfast. There ended up being 45 big ones! The left overs were frozen and we'll take them with us on our trip to Seattle. They will be Hadyn's breakfast while we're visiting friends. How is that for planning ahead?? Bonus points for me!
Batter ready for cooking. The bowl is part of a set that belonged to my Grammie.

Can you smell them cooking?

Tall Stack:

Here they are with organic greek strained yogurt and fresh made stewed cherries:

Let me tell you, these oatcakes are like Elven Lembas! You eat one meal and you feel full ALL day! Hadyn and I ate 6 each and Scott ate 7. Burp!
Dinner was late in the evening as we were busy for a good portion of the day. I made Sausage Stuffed Portobellos. Yes, you read that right, sausage. I ate meat. Sigh. Ever since I lost a lot of weight and I work out regularly, I'm having protein problems. If I don't eat enough I get low blood sugar. Not good. So sometimes I eat meat. It helps keep me stable. I still can't cook raw, so I buy the premade organic turkey/chicken sausage or the organic lunch meat from my food coop.
Just before stuffing:

Ready to serve:


Conversation with dh after serving:
M: Well, how are they?
S: WOW!
M: Then you like them?
S: WOW!
M: That's good?
S: Do you want me to say it backwards? WOW!
Oh, the joys of marrying a geek. LOL
~Mars
Monday:
B: Oatcakes with Organic Strained Greek Yogurt and Stewed Cherries
L: Sandwiches, fruit, etc (Lunch on the run)
D: Sausage Stuffed Portobellos
Tuesday:
B: Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Marinated Baby Bok Choy Salad, yogurt, fruit
D: Baked Yams with Yummy Toppings
Wednesday:
B: Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Veggies in Collard Green Wrap (M)
L: Marinated Baby Bok Choy Salad, yogurt, fruit
D: Tofu Chili
Thursday:
B: Grits (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Sandwiches, fruit, Yogurt (Lunch on the run)
D: Mega Salad with Roasted Chichers
Friday:
B:Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Sandwiches, fruit, chopped veggies (Lunch on the run)
D: Red Lentil Soup with fresh baked muffins
Saturday:
B:Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: Sandwiches, fruit, etc (Lunch on the run)
D: Basil and Tomato Baked Salmon with Rice
Sunday:
B:Banana Egg Pancakes (H), 2 Hard Cooked Eggs + Banana (M)
L: ?
D: ?
Monday's Photos:
I made a HUGE mucking batch of Oatcakes for breakfast. There ended up being 45 big ones! The left overs were frozen and we'll take them with us on our trip to Seattle. They will be Hadyn's breakfast while we're visiting friends. How is that for planning ahead?? Bonus points for me!
Batter ready for cooking. The bowl is part of a set that belonged to my Grammie.

Can you smell them cooking?

Tall Stack:

Here they are with organic greek strained yogurt and fresh made stewed cherries:

Let me tell you, these oatcakes are like Elven Lembas! You eat one meal and you feel full ALL day! Hadyn and I ate 6 each and Scott ate 7. Burp!
Dinner was late in the evening as we were busy for a good portion of the day. I made Sausage Stuffed Portobellos. Yes, you read that right, sausage. I ate meat. Sigh. Ever since I lost a lot of weight and I work out regularly, I'm having protein problems. If I don't eat enough I get low blood sugar. Not good. So sometimes I eat meat. It helps keep me stable. I still can't cook raw, so I buy the premade organic turkey/chicken sausage or the organic lunch meat from my food coop.
Just before stuffing:

Ready to serve:


Conversation with dh after serving:
M: Well, how are they?
S: WOW!
M: Then you like them?
S: WOW!
M: That's good?
S: Do you want me to say it backwards? WOW!
Oh, the joys of marrying a geek. LOL
~Mars

5 Comments:
I need the oatcake recipe. I bought some steel cut oats and they've just been hanging around waiting for me to do something with them. The mushrooms look great!
I would love the oatcake recipe too!! Your finished plate with the yogurt and cherries made me mouth water. Did you stew the cherries yourself or is it something that you bought?
The rest of your menu looks really yummy too and I am impressed that you planned out all the meals.
Niri
I make my own stewed cherries. I just put a bag of frozen organic cherries in a pot with a small dash of apple juice (just to keep the frozen cherries from sticking to the pot). I add some cinnamon and cook until it reduces down to a thick sauce. No sweetener needed. I do sort of mash the cherries a bit as they cook. If I'm in a super hurry, I'll put in some organic corn starch or kuzu root in to thicken it faster.
I'll try to post my oat cake recipe. It really is THE BEST!
~M
Oat cake recipe needed here too!!!! I'm going to bug you on the boards ;)
I agree! Oatcakes recipe needed! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home