"Tofu Chili Rocks" ~ Hadyn
We had Hadyn's most favorite meal for dinner. Tofu Chili! That girl would eat it every day.
First up, my breakfast. Hard Cooked Eggs with chopped veggies rolled in a collard green leaf. YUM!

Soon after breakfast, I put up the beans to soak:

And a satisfying meal of Tofu Chili all around:

I'll try to put up a few recipes soon. I'm just a wee bit too lazy to type them out right now. EEK!
~M
Wednesday's Photos:
First up, my breakfast. Hard Cooked Eggs with chopped veggies rolled in a collard green leaf. YUM!

Soon after breakfast, I put up the beans to soak:

And a satisfying meal of Tofu Chili all around:

I'll try to put up a few recipes soon. I'm just a wee bit too lazy to type them out right now. EEK!
~M

6 Comments:
I've been making your tofu chili quite a bit lately. Except I leave out the tofu, they all think it's weird. Your breakfast looks very attractive.
Do you steam the collards before using them as wraps or are they just raw? I love that idea! Tofu chili looks good. I miss making stuff like that - DH tends to get heartburn from stuff with canned tomatoes in it. BOO!
Niri
I use the collards fresh. I find the first fold of the greens cracks the leaf, but the rest of the folding goes well.
~Mars
I have been drooling over your breakfast suggestion but I'll be darned if I can find collard greens!!! I guess that's living in the northeast for ya! That chili looks great too, such a comforting, cold weather meal. I also love the pottery you have... I've been trying to build up a collection but you have such interesting shapes!
Lisa
I live in the NE and find them all the time. They have them at my local organic coop. Look around, I bet you can find them. They're thick enough to handle being rolled. I'm experimenting with kale this week. I'll post the results when I'm done.
~Mars
We have a coop about 30 minutes from here, I 'll have to look there. The organic grocery store doesn't have them. Wahhhhhh!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home