Odds That Never End

A chronicle of the many busy things my hands (and maybe other bits as well) are up to.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Teaching High School Level Human Physiology

I was hired to teach a class of 24 high school aged homeschoolers Human Physiology. It's been quite a few years since I've taught high school, so I had to wash the cobwebs out of my brain and start planning! I was a bit nervous (well, maybe more than a bit), but so far, it's gone swimmingly! It's a hands on kind of class, so there are lots of labs to prepare. Which means I've been buying/ordering lots of supplies such as Sheep Brains, Cow Eyes, Sheep Hearts, and a Kidney or two. I've been hanging out at the butcher's buying large cow bones that have been cut into lots of interesting shapes. And frequenting the dollar store to pick up odds and ends. So far, it's been a lot of fun! The kids are all great and SO very interested, we often run over time due to all their questions. Gotta love enthusiastic students.

In the original plan, Hadyn was to stay home with Scott since he had every Monday off (the class meets every Monday for a few hours from Sept - Dec). However, he got a great promotion this summer (YAY!), but that means he no longer has so many days off. Oops. So now, Hadyn is taking the class! She is by far the youngest student and I was a bit worried about her. All that worry for nothing. She is LOVING it, and asked why I don't teach it every day of the week. LOL She's totally keeping up and learning so much.

Here is her model of an Animal Cell. She designed and built it herself from clay.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My baby is growing up. Sniff......Sniff.........

~Mars

1 Comments:

Blogger tara said...

I wish *I* could take your course.

I love H's animal cell.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home