These Renovations Are Going To Make Me Fat!
Still cooking yummy food. But I think it's taking a toll on my waistline. Or maybe it's just that time of the month. Let's just hope it's a wee bit of water retention, ok? Yeah, that's what I'm going to tell myself. Water retention.
I made this last week. It was so delish. Chickpea and Quinoa Soup with a side of Marinated Baby Bok Choy and Carrots. I LOVE the bok choy dish. The marinade is made from soaked and pureed dates, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, lime juice, and a few other goodies. It's from The Complete Book of Raw Food.


I was on a quinoa kick and also made Corn Quinoa bread with home made honey butter. Well, it wasn't real butter, but the next best thing, Organic Earth Balance. It's pretty good stuff! And no dignified corn bread would ever be eaten w/o a good slathering of honey butter.


And just the other day I made dd her newly rediscovered favorite pancakes. I used to make these a lot when she was little, but she grew tired of them. Last week, she suddenly remembered them. It's been about 4-5 years! That girl has quit a memory.
These are totally grain free. And because the mashed bananas are naturally sweet, they need NO toppings!
Banana Egg Pancakes
1 Ripe Banana Mashed
1 Large Egg Beaten
1-2 Dashes of Cinnamon
1 Small Slosh of Vanilla
Combine ingredients. Heat pan and cook like you would regular pancakes, just make sure you only put in enough batter so they are 2" - 3" wide. Otherwise they fall apart. They do better cooking on a slightly lower temp as well. Slower cooking allows the pancakes to set better. Enjoy!

My professional taste tester gave them 2 slurps up!!!
And yes, she had more than just 4. LOL One recipe makes about 20 of these mini cakes.

I've been SO SO SO craving sweet potato quesadillas, so guess what's on the menu this week?????
~Mars
I made this last week. It was so delish. Chickpea and Quinoa Soup with a side of Marinated Baby Bok Choy and Carrots. I LOVE the bok choy dish. The marinade is made from soaked and pureed dates, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, lime juice, and a few other goodies. It's from The Complete Book of Raw Food.


I was on a quinoa kick and also made Corn Quinoa bread with home made honey butter. Well, it wasn't real butter, but the next best thing, Organic Earth Balance. It's pretty good stuff! And no dignified corn bread would ever be eaten w/o a good slathering of honey butter.


And just the other day I made dd her newly rediscovered favorite pancakes. I used to make these a lot when she was little, but she grew tired of them. Last week, she suddenly remembered them. It's been about 4-5 years! That girl has quit a memory.
These are totally grain free. And because the mashed bananas are naturally sweet, they need NO toppings!
Banana Egg Pancakes
1 Ripe Banana Mashed
1 Large Egg Beaten
1-2 Dashes of Cinnamon
1 Small Slosh of Vanilla
Combine ingredients. Heat pan and cook like you would regular pancakes, just make sure you only put in enough batter so they are 2" - 3" wide. Otherwise they fall apart. They do better cooking on a slightly lower temp as well. Slower cooking allows the pancakes to set better. Enjoy!

My professional taste tester gave them 2 slurps up!!!
And yes, she had more than just 4. LOL One recipe makes about 20 of these mini cakes.

I've been SO SO SO craving sweet potato quesadillas, so guess what's on the menu this week?????
~Mars

3 Comments:
You and I must have a lot of the same cookbooks! I have that Raw Foods cookbook too but haven't made anything from it. This recipe you made sounds really good, so now I have somewhere to start with it. :)
Love the new paint colors, by the way. So refreshing!
And those banana pancakes look very tasty- love the no flour thing.
-Sea
I made the recipe for bok choy salad tonight, and it was delicious! When you added dressing, how much did you add? I added all of it before I saw the part that said "add half" and then as the salad shrunk, I ended up with all this liquid. Oops. Next time I think I'll make a smaller recipe of the dressing. I'm also thinking of what other vegetables I can put it on... I have all kinds of ideas! Anyway, thanks again for the review- I finally used my book!
-Sea
Sea -
You know, I never really measure much when I cook. I usually cut up two fair sized bunches of bok choy as well as grate a bunch of carrots. So the marinade works well with the amount I cut. When I'm finished making it, it fills a very large mixing bowl to the tippy top. I eat off of it all week.
~Mars
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home