My House is Under Siege!
OMG, the crew showed up yesterday and started pounding before 8 am. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. UGH. The noise was deafening! It really did sound like we were under siege. They took off our storm windows, put furring strips around all the window frames and wrapped them in preparation for the stone facing. It was SO loud! We finally fled the house around 1pm for martial arts and other errands.
Here is our front porch gone, shutters removed and windows wrapped. You can see the shutters stacked on my porch:

Another view:

We also worked some more on the kitchen. This was the ceiling after Scott pulled down the acoustical ceiling tiles and before he put up new sheetrock.

Hope you're not diggin' that amazing commemorative green wall board, cause it's been painted over! Here is a sneak peek at what is to come (I had Scott paint me a small spot so I could see the final combo). The green color is called Shades of Spring. We got Benjamin Moore's Eco paint so it's low VOC. I have to say, it really is! Yay! Unlike the evil primer that was labeled low VOC but made both Hadyn and I very sick. I told Scott we're taking it back, it was just that awful.

Here is a section of roughed board that will be painted and put up on the ceiling. Scott treated the wood with some sort of wire brush tool to bring out the grain. He tried sand blasting it, but it took WAY too long with our set up. The wire brush isn't as nice, but def do-able. Esp since it will be on the ceiling and no one will be looking at it up close. The ceiling color is a very pale ice blue and the beams will be a color called China White, as will the brick wall and all trim in the room.

We're still stuck on what to do for the bathroom fixtures. We went shopping at bathroom showroom, but ACK, nothing was under $1,000.00 for just the sink/vanity. So, the search continues.
~Mars
Here is our front porch gone, shutters removed and windows wrapped. You can see the shutters stacked on my porch:

Another view:

We also worked some more on the kitchen. This was the ceiling after Scott pulled down the acoustical ceiling tiles and before he put up new sheetrock.

Hope you're not diggin' that amazing commemorative green wall board, cause it's been painted over! Here is a sneak peek at what is to come (I had Scott paint me a small spot so I could see the final combo). The green color is called Shades of Spring. We got Benjamin Moore's Eco paint so it's low VOC. I have to say, it really is! Yay! Unlike the evil primer that was labeled low VOC but made both Hadyn and I very sick. I told Scott we're taking it back, it was just that awful.

Here is a section of roughed board that will be painted and put up on the ceiling. Scott treated the wood with some sort of wire brush tool to bring out the grain. He tried sand blasting it, but it took WAY too long with our set up. The wire brush isn't as nice, but def do-able. Esp since it will be on the ceiling and no one will be looking at it up close. The ceiling color is a very pale ice blue and the beams will be a color called China White, as will the brick wall and all trim in the room.

We're still stuck on what to do for the bathroom fixtures. We went shopping at bathroom showroom, but ACK, nothing was under $1,000.00 for just the sink/vanity. So, the search continues.
~Mars

1 Comments:
Wow, I am so excited for you! Your plans are great and the progress must feel invigorating for you.
Have you looked at IKEA for bathroom items? We got an inexpensive sink/vanity combo at our last house from Lowe's, but if I was shopping for that stuff now, I'd also check IKEA. Friends of ours have this setup and it looks nice:
washstand: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10063935
and sink:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60074446
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home