Odds That Never End

A chronicle of the many busy things my hands (and maybe other bits as well) are up to.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Come Visit My Garden With Me

Here is a tour of the food and flower part of my garden. Well, at least some of it. I skipped a lot to focus mostly on the areas I've been working with this year.

Let's start with some of my veggies. Here are some of my tomatoes. Mostly paste with some cherry and globe shaped. Off in the back is a trellis wall full of different winter squash and 4 types of cucumbers.
Photobucket

Beans: Lima, edamame, purple, yellow wax and blue lake. There are also some interesting basil plants put in here and there.
Photobucket

Sweet Basil and Red Onions. In the background you can see my new raised beds. The one on the right have been seeded with summer squashes, okra, melons, lopes, and more cukes. The one on the left is still awaiting it's next lasagna layers.
Photobucket

My berry garden also have different lettuces and radishes planted underneath. We've been eating fresh salads for weeks.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My apple trees. They are boring pictures, but I LOVE my apples. One is a tart red and the other is a Granny Smith.
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is my trellis for my kiwi berry vines. Dh is almost finished building it. Since the vines won't grow to fill it all this year, I also planted some cool decorative type gourds on it.
Photobucket

Now for some fun stuff. This is Hadyn's garden. The side you see here has flowers and herbs. The other side if full of strawberries.
Photobucket

Here are my Oak Leaf Hydrangeas. I LOVE them! Check out how big those suckers grow!
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is our lily garden. It's were we plant our kitties when they die. Dh and I built the rock walls together years ago to make the garden.
Photobucket

If that enough for you? Have your eyes fallen out yet? I'll spare you the rest of the gardens. Much of the side yards are currently trashed from the work on the house, so they look pretty bad right now. I mostly focus on food. I have dreams of a self sufficient garden. One day I'll get here!

~Mars

1 Comments:

Blogger Val in the Rose Garden said...

Your dream and mine.

Your are absolutly stunning! Those flowers. I have never seen such a hydrangea... beautiful!

I dream of being on my own land, building trellis and planting things that will be there for many many years, (like cherry trees). You yard looks heavenly...

Blessings,

Val

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home