Sprouts!
We've been on a sprout kick, so I thought I'd share some of our yummy sprout creations with everyone. Hadyn is the Sprout Mistress and has gotten quite good at growing the little buggers. This is just a sampling of the dishes we've made this week using sprouts.
Have you tried the Salad Sprout Mix from Frontier? YUM! We keep a jar of them in the refridge to sprinkle on all our salads. It has organic red clover seed, organic radish seed, organic alfalfa seed, organic red lentils and organic green lentils.

We did the same with our chick pea sprouts. I'm thinking of making some raw hummus this week with the left-overs.

Not yet inspired? I've got MORE goodies for you!
1 med onion chopped
3 cloves garlic crushed
2-3 tea cumin
2 cups diced tomatoes
1/4 tea cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 cans beans - I like to use a combo of black, kidney, etc
2 tea cilantro dried (if you have fresh, use a couple tbls of chopped cilantro)
1 can black olives, thinly sliced
1 c Lentils rinsed and sprouted
Rinse and sprout the Lentils about 2 days before preparing salad. Mix all the ingredients and serve. Refrigerate and eat with in 4-5 days. If it lasts that long! LOL


For the salad:
3-4 heads of baby bok choi finely sliced
2 cups sprouted red quinoa
4 carrots grated
For the marinade:
1 lemon juiced
1 lime juiced
5-6 medjool dates, pitted
3" piece of ginger grated
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tbl Braggs Liquid Aminos
Blend all the marinade ingredients in either a food processor or a vitamix (vitamix is much easier). Place all the chopped veggies, sprouted red quinoa and marinade into a large bowl. Mix to combine. ENJOY!

I only sprouted the red quinoa for about 1 1/2 days because I wanted them to be a bit crunchy. It makes a great contrast with the soft veggies. If you sprout them for 3-ish days, they're softer. Try it both ways and see which one you prefer!
Interested in sprouting? Get yourself to the library and check out a couple books on sprouting. I put Hadyn in charge of this project. She read all the books, gathered the supplies and sprouts batches as needed. I just put in my order and she sets it up!
When I was looking at sprouting books on Amazon, I found this beauty: The Complete Guide to Successful Sprouting for Parrots: and Everyone Else in the Family.
I love how the family comes second. LOL Like they were an after-thought.
Sprout on Sisters!
~Mars
Have you tried the Salad Sprout Mix from Frontier? YUM! We keep a jar of them in the refridge to sprinkle on all our salads. It has organic red clover seed, organic radish seed, organic alfalfa seed, organic red lentils and organic green lentils.

We did the same with our chick pea sprouts. I'm thinking of making some raw hummus this week with the left-overs.

Not yet inspired? I've got MORE goodies for you!
Sprouted Lentil, Tomato and Bean Salad
1 med onion chopped
3 cloves garlic crushed
2-3 tea cumin
2 cups diced tomatoes
1/4 tea cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 cans beans - I like to use a combo of black, kidney, etc
2 tea cilantro dried (if you have fresh, use a couple tbls of chopped cilantro)
1 can black olives, thinly sliced
1 c Lentils rinsed and sprouted
Rinse and sprout the Lentils about 2 days before preparing salad. Mix all the ingredients and serve. Refrigerate and eat with in 4-5 days. If it lasts that long! LOL

Sprouted Red Quinoa and Bok Choi Salad

For the salad:
3-4 heads of baby bok choi finely sliced
2 cups sprouted red quinoa
4 carrots grated
For the marinade:
1 lemon juiced
1 lime juiced
5-6 medjool dates, pitted
3" piece of ginger grated
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tbl Braggs Liquid Aminos
Blend all the marinade ingredients in either a food processor or a vitamix (vitamix is much easier). Place all the chopped veggies, sprouted red quinoa and marinade into a large bowl. Mix to combine. ENJOY!

I only sprouted the red quinoa for about 1 1/2 days because I wanted them to be a bit crunchy. It makes a great contrast with the soft veggies. If you sprout them for 3-ish days, they're softer. Try it both ways and see which one you prefer!
Interested in sprouting? Get yourself to the library and check out a couple books on sprouting. I put Hadyn in charge of this project. She read all the books, gathered the supplies and sprouts batches as needed. I just put in my order and she sets it up!
When I was looking at sprouting books on Amazon, I found this beauty: The Complete Guide to Successful Sprouting for Parrots: and Everyone Else in the Family.
I love how the family comes second. LOL Like they were an after-thought.
Sprout on Sisters!
~Mars

4 Comments:
Those ALL look absolutely wonderful!
Oh man Mars that looks yummy. I must share this post with my mom.
Hi! Just wondering about your entry for adopt a gluten-free blogger... Please email me at adoptaglutenfreeblogger[at]gmail[dot]com to let me know if you are still planning on participating.
Thanks!
-Sea of the Book of Yum
OMG... those all look so good!
Val
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home